Giving Myself a Shake

by - 16:56

When I was 16, I thought I would grow out of my overemotional-ness. I always told myself I'd look back on those years and laugh at how much I cried. I'm not officially an adult and I still find myself coming home from a party and hiding in my room weeping. Life never gets any easier. It's never less hard to watch the person you care about ignore you or hear them say horrible things to you. 

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that we can't live our lives looking forward to better times. We'll never be living int he future we dream of. The best way to get by is to accept life the way it is, accept yourself the way you are and try to find coping mechanisms.
Some people get drunk, some people read books and other peoples cry.
It's okay for me to be this way as long as I don't make myself feel better by telling myself that it will get better. 

Because that's a lie.

You May Also Like

0 comments