Your views on drugs and alcohol

by - 02:56

I've had a really hectic weekend and I just didn't have time to sit down in front of a laptop and write. I've decided I should probably just make this a week-day thing, since I seemto have a lot going on at the weekends at the moment but I did still miss Friday so my sincerest apologies on that one.


My head's been a little bit all over the place for the last week or so and just as I thought I was adjusting to things, there were a whole bunch of new changes that seemed to happen all at onece and my anxiety appeared to kick in to overdrive. I'm working on it. Bear with.


This is actually a really interesting one for me and I've got a couple of things I want say on the subject, I think, but it might seem like I'm jumping around a little.


I wouldn't really say I have an addictive personality. I'm usually the first to give up on something or get bored of it. I know that at my age, the majority of my peers are out most nights enjoying the alcohols but I'm just not massively in to it. I'm not sure if it just didn't fit my lifestyle over the last year or so but I'v really ust gone off it. I drink once a month, if that. It's not that I don't like the taste or anything, I just don't find myself in situations where socialy drinking is acceptable and I don't really enjoy it enough to have a wee glass of anything when I'm at home on weekends. I only really use it if I'm out with friends or at a party and it's usually used in excess in those situations.


Drugs aren't really my thing either. I've spent the last year or so accidentally associating things with somebody that I'm now trying to disassociate myself with. Now any time I think of weed, I'm reminded of the disappointment that was me Leavers' Ball. I don't get excited at the thought of getting high, just upset about what happened that night. SO no drugs for me either.


I had a friend who was strongly against alcohol when I was in high school and she used to make us all feel rotten for going out and getting drunk at parties and things. She made a big deal about us all being 'alcoholics' whenever we'd talk about drinking. I really do not agree with that mentality. I think I've grown to be more like her in that I don't really feel the need to drink as often as I used to but I would never feel the need to chastise others for their choices.


I don't think it's ever fair to judge people on the way they decide to live their life. Each person has been through completely unique situations and what one girl can deal with by going for a rum, another girl may require 7 shots before she's able to cope. Sure, it may not be the healthiest strategy, but as long as you are aware of your problems, I won't ever judge you for struggling.


You May Also Like

0 comments